Friday 5 April 2024

Critical reflection

Module learning

My goal for this module after the 12 weeks, was to be more vocal towards people and improve my critical thinking skills. Currently, I feel that I have successfully achieve both my goals. I was able to step out of my comfort zone to interact and work with unfamiliar people. Furthermore, I have gained the ability to think and write critically, present myself well by communicating my content clearly and concisely to my audience which contributes to critical thinking skills. However, they are not perfected and there are still numerous rooms for improvement which will be part of my sub-goals moving forward. 

Some major takeaway from this module includes application of APA format and PEEL correctly. I realised that I have not fully mastered the APA format and there are areas that i am uncertain such as labelling figures and tables. Additionally, the importance to apply PEEL was emphasis numerous times through the reader response and the technical report. As a result, I unconsciously developed the habit to apply PEEL in any report writing. I am more confident and proficient in writing a report such as the upcoming IWSP report. 

These critical thinking skills are valuable life skills which needs constant sharpening. I will continue to enhance them through social gatherings, team projects, etc. Overall, the feedback from peers and professor were helpful and effective for personal growth. I am very satisfied with my own growth and performance in this module. 

Project learning

I was assigned the role as writer in SG Transport Innovator. I learned to summarise lengthy information into pointers for my teammates to read easily. I felt that everyone fit into their roles really well, creating a excellent team dynamic and team atmosphere. Everyone was able to contribute efficiently by voicing out suggestions and we as a team valued each person's opinions. 

Days before the presentation, I was slightly worried and pressured because everyone in my team are confident and vocal individuals. I was afraid that my presentation will not meet expectations which will affect the presentation negatively. Unfortunately, on the day of my presentation, I forgot my script and my mind went blank. Regardless, I was able to remain calm and salvage the situation. With the knowledge through my research on the Ikigai seat topic, I was able to flow the content and deliver my part well. This experience made me reconsider the idea of memorising a script. I felt that memorising pointers and flowing through the presentation is better to prevent such situation from recurring. This is definitely an approach that I will adopt for my next presentation and I am glad that this experience gave me a valuable learning point.

Overall, my teammates were really understanding, and I really appreciate them individually, especially the unique personalities that they bring to the table. I hope to work with them again in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much, Damien, for this detailed and well considered reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Critical reflection

Module learning My goal for this module after the 12 weeks, was to be more vocal towards people and improve my critical thinking skills. Cur...